At AZSDS we blend the Western science of athletic training with the Eastern tradition of acupuncture to provide patients with a holistic, all-inclusive approach to treatment and wellness. With over 30 years of experience as both an acupuncturist and athletic trainer, Jody Murray is uniquely qualified to evaluate and treat sports injuries, workplace injuries, motor vehicle collision injuries and other types of pain syndromes. She is equally devoted to the special needs of elite athletes and weekend warriors. Whether your injury is a minor strain, you have a chronic musculoskeletal condition, or you want to maximize your athletic performance and recovery, we will work with you to design a treatment plan that meets your immediate and long term healthcare needs.
Because our acupuncturist has advanced training and experience in a variety of treatment modalities, patients under her care at AZSDS can expect a completely personalized treatment experience.
Every patient will receive:
- A comprehensive initial evaluation using both modern orthopedic techniques and traditional chinese medicine.
- A detailed treatment plan including frequency of follow up visits, short and long term goals.
- A highly specialized acupuncture session, combined with case specific therapeutic modalities.
- A home treatment plan, which may include an exercise prescription and dietary recommendations.
The Acupuncture Therapy difference.
You will receive 45 minutes of undivided attention. Acupuncture is just one of many modalities that you will experience during your sessions and is frequently combined with another specialty, including:
- Dry Needling
- Cupping, myofascial decompression
- Instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation: GuaSha, FAKTR
- Electric Stim
- Therapeutic Exercise, PNF patterning, functional movement patterns
- Taping: Functional dynamic taping, KinesioTaping
- Therapeutic heat
We believe that after your initial few visits, you should be educated enough to implement a home program that will allow you to continue progressing with fewer appointments.
Some of the conditions we treat with acupuncture at AZSDS:
- Back Pain
- Tennis/Golfer’s elbow
- Frozen Shoulder
- Piriformis syndrome
- IT Band syndrome
- Runner’s/Jumper’s knee
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Migraine/Tension headache
- Post Concussion Symptoms
- Performance Enhancement
- Performance recovery.